The effective dosage of Levitra varies from person to person hence it should be taken only as per doctor's advice. Some guidelines for administering Levitra dosage are listed below:
- Levitra should be taken with a full glass of water.
- Levitra should be taken only when there is a need, an hour before having sex.
- Levitra should not be taken more than once a day.
- The erection will not occur just by taking Levitra; it requires sexual stimulation to get an erection.
- Do not take more pills than advised; else it may become dangerous for your health.
- Let your doctor know about your health conditions and other medicines and substances you are taking before and after Levitra administration.
The average doses generally prescribed are mentioned below but if you have been advised a different dosage then do not change it without talking to your doctor.
- Adults up to 65 years of age: 10 mg as a single dose not more than once a day, 1 hour before sexual activity. The doctor may change your dose if required.
- Adults 65 years of age and older:5 mg as a single dose not more than once a day, 1 hour before sexual intercourse. The doctor may change your dose if required.
Your doctor may increase or decrease the Levitra dose depending on how your body responds to the medicine. Let your doctor know if Vardenafil is not working properly for you or if you are experience some side effects of the medicine. Keep the following points in mind while taking Levitra:
- Take your Levitra dose strictly according to the prescription provided by your doctor. Do not increase your dose without notifying him.
- Remember that Levitra can be taken with or without food.
- Contact your doctor immediately if your erection lasts for more than 4 hours or you get a painful erection.
- Avoid alcohol when you take Levitra, it can increase some of the side effects of the medicine.
- Grape fruit juice may react against Vardenafil. Ask your doctor before using grape fruit juice products with it.
- The concurrent use of other treatments of impotence should be strongly avoided with Levitra until your doctor asks you to do so.
Follow the instructions given by your doctor and take proper Levitra precautions. You will be able to enjoy a great sexual intercourse every time after that.